“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” –Albert Einstein
Short Biography: I am currently a Sr. Research Scientist at Disney Research. I am also a visiting researcher at Princeton University and working closely with Prof. Felix Heide. My research lies at the intersection of machine learning, computer vision, computer graphics, and neuroscience, and it seeks solutions to enhance the adaptation capability, explainability, and computational & energy efficiency of computational imaging systems on various energy-limited platforms, such as edge devices, drones, and mobile robots, under different realistic degraded conditions (e.g., external environmental changes, malfunctioning sensors, and weight uncertainty of neural networks). I received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the College of William and Mary in 2015.
I am hiring self-motivated Postdoctoral Associates to work on exciting projects at Disney Research!
- NeurIPS’22Biologically Inspired Dynamic Thresholds for Spiking Neural NetworksIn Conference on Neural Information Processing System (NeurIPS) 2022
- ECCV’22All You Need is RAW: Defending Against Adversarial Attacks with Camera Image PipelinesIn European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2022
- CVPR’22Glass Segmentation using Intensity and Spectral Polarization CuesIn Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2022
- CVPR’22Spiking Transformers for Event-based Single Object TrackingIn Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2022
- ICCV’21Object Tracking by Jointly Exploiting Frame and Event DomainIn IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV) 2021
- CVPR’21 OralDepth-Aware Mirror SegmentationIn Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) Oral 2021
- MobiSys’20EMO: Real-Time Emotion Recognition from Single-Eye Images for Resource-Constrained Eyewear DevicesIn Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services 2020
- SIGGRAPH’15Measurement-Based Editing of Diffuse Albedo with Consistent InterreflectionsACM Trans. Graph. 2015
- CVPR’14Scattering Parameters and Surface Normals from Homogeneous Translucent Materials using Photometric StereoIn Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2014